Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Coronary heart disease
- Diabetes - clinic held by a practice nurse and a GP at 09.30 - 11.00 on alternate Tuesdays
- Cervical smears
- Child health surveillance - conducted by health visitors by appointment.
- Dressings & removal of stitches
- Family planning - offered during normal surgeries by GPs and practice nurses.
- Maternity services - clinics held at the medical centre every Friday morning by Longtown & Brampton midwives.
- Minor injuries/ Wound care
- Minor surgery - We provide a minor surgery sessions once a month or as required.
- NHS health checks - patients aged 75 or over who have not had a consultation in the past year and adult patients under 75 who have not had a consultation in the past three years all have the right to request a health check at the practice.
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including seasonal flu and travel.