LATEST INFORMATION ON COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
We have now completed vaccination of the priority groups 1-9. Vaccination is now open via the National Booking Service to all adults aged 18 or over.
We are currently finalising details for our Covid 19 Booster clinics and will be giving flu vaccines at the same time, so please wait for details coming out from the Practice soon.
You can book your first vaccination by calling 119 or by visiting the National Booking Service website on the link below:
The sites currently in operation are:
- Ambleside – Thomas Bell Pharmacy.
- Carlisle - Boots.
- Carlisle - Pharmacy at St Paul’s Church, Lonsdale Street (near the bus station).
- Carlisle - Harraby Community Centre.
- Cockermouth - Allison’s at The Globe Hotel.
- Grasmere Pharmacy.
- Kendal - Westmorland Shopping Centre.
- Kirkby Stephen - Upper Eden Baptist Church – Green Tree Pharmacy, Victoria Square.
- Penrith Auction Mart Vaccination Centre.
- Penrith - Conference Centre at the Rugby Club.
- Seascale Pharmacy.
- Ulverston - Glaxo Sports Centre.
- Workington - Pharmacy2U at Dunmail Park.
- Whitehaven - Seacliffe Pharmacy in Kells.
We are hiring for a part-time Domestic Assistant in the practice! The salary on offer is £18,005 pro rata. The expected hours will be 12.50 hours per week Monday to Friday 6pm until 8:30pm or 25 hours per week Monday to Friday approx 4pm to 9pm. This is a 6 month contract initially.
No formal qualifications are required as you will be given a full induction and training upon successful appointment. You will however have an understanding of cleaning procedures/activities, clear communication skills and also a commitment to providing the best standards of cleanliness at all times.
For more details please see the job posting on the link below:
Latest advice from the Government is that any person wishing to see a doctor or nurse needs to have their problem assessed via a telephone call before they are seen; therefore we are CLOSED to walk in patients.
Please go home and call Reception on 01228791328 who will be able to give you advice as to what needs to be done.
Thank you for your cooperation
Welcome to the Longtown Medical Centre website. We hope you will quickly benefit from a user friendly layout and a wealth of information about our healthcare services.
Find out when we’re open and what to do when we’re not, all from the comfort of your own home.
We have a number of appointments available on certain evenings, between 18.30 & 19.30 - please contact reception to check availability
If you need to request access to your medical records, please could you complete the SAR (Subject Access Request) form that is available in the Further Information section and hand in to reception so that your request can be processed.
Our new improved service allowing 24/7 access for you to order repeat medication, book/manage GP appointments, access your immunisation and allergies record, and update your contact details, without having to pick up the phone!
To register for this service, please contact our Reception Team and we will be happy to provide you with your Individual PIN, where you will be able to register to use these services within the comfort of your home.
You can also download the app straight to your smart phone.
NHS 111 IS THE NEW OUT OF HOURS NUMBER FROM THE FOR BOTH ENGLISH & SCOTTISH PATIENTS
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.
Call 111 if:
* your GP practice is closed or you are away from home
* you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
* you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
* you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
* you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
If a nurse or other health worker has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.
(Site updated 27/10/2021)